Landscape Services in Medfield, MA
A landscape is more than a “thing” that surrounds a house or business. Your landscape can become a Life‑Scape™; a special, beautiful, and functional part of your property. The Garden Continuum strives to enrich the human experience by considering your unique personality, the natural features of your land, and the environmental impacts of design and installation.
To learn everything about our landscape services in Medfield, here’s a list of what we do in town. Medfield, MA has become near and dear to our hearts. This town has taught us so much about our craft and about how Landscapes and Gardens improve the lives of individuals and communities alike.
Here is a list of the information on this page:
- Why Landscaping in Medfield, MA
- Why Hyper-Local in Medfield, MA Matters
- Landscape Maintenance Services, Medfield MA
- Fine Gardening Services, Medfield, MA
- Seasonal Planter Decor, Medfield, MA
- Landscape Design Services, Medfield MA
- Landscape Installation Services, Medfield, MA
- Community Landscape Projects in Medfield, MA
- Get Started with Landscape Services
Landscaping in Medfield, MA
The Garden Continuum chose to move to Medfield, MA in 2005 to become part of a vibrant community of homeowners and businesses that appreciate the value of creating landscapes that enrich people's lives, a concept that we call Life-ScapingTM.
Since arriving in Medfield, The Garden Continuum has connected with local environmental enthusiasts to enrich our community by building, maintaining, and protecting the public and private landscapes throughout the town. Medfield’s commitment to open space planning and conservation is outlined in the opening sentence of their Open Space bylaw:
“For the purpose of encouraging the preservation of open space and promoting the more efficient use of land in harmony with its natural features...”
This aligns perfectly with our dedication to ecological practices that are supported by sustainable design and construction, as well as organic gardening methods.
Hyper-Local Landscaping Services in Medfield, MA
Our Hyper-Local Landscape Mission starts in Medfield, MA.
Our office is located at 67 West Street on the corner of Route 27, just two light cycles north of the Route 109 intersection. In 2010, the effects of the recession and the reality of climate change led us to realize that in order to grow as a company, we had to make a change.
Most landscape companies travel many miles, sometimes spending hours in gas- and diesel-guzzling trucks to get to job-sites. We made the decision to release all of our clients that required more than 30-minutes of commute time and focus locally.
Our realization was that landscape companies travel so far when there’s work right in their “backyards” because they don’t know how to or are unwilling to communicate through marketing, public outreach, and community service. Additionally, we understood that to work in a hyper-local environment, you must cherish that environment. And we do!
Hyper-Local Service Has Three Levels of Access
- Level One - Medfield, Massachusetts. We aim to do 50% of our work in this one township.
- Level Two - Surrounding towns that touch or are extremely close to the Medfield town lines: Dover, Millis, Norfolk, Sherborn, Walpole, Westwood.
- Level Three - Select towns that are primarily accessible from main roads, namely Route 27, Route 109, and Route 16. These routes act as corridors to communities where we already have a client base.
The Hyper-Local Service Strategy is about committing to sustainability and working in ecological congruence with our environment. It is about building a friendly, relationship-based business practice that focuses on the people at the center of the work we do on our planet. It allows us to do more and feel better about our work each day.
Landscape Maintenance Services in Medfield, MA
At The Garden Continuum, we think of landscape maintenance as a necessity with land ownership. But even more than that, we see it as the duty of all people to love and tend the land to keep our planet vibrant and healthy. As one of our core values, we put focused energy into educating our clients and community about the benefit of landscape maintenance.
Spring flower show in Medfield, MA
There are three levels of landscape care that need to be addressed by every landowner—residential and commercial landscape maintenance included. This work can be done by the owner, or by a landscape professional. Often it’s a partnership between the two that gets the work done most effectively over time. (see The Fine Gardener’s Guide to a Beautiful and Luxurious Landscape.)
- Minimum Thresholds of Care (MTC)
- This is the work that MUST be done predictably and repeatedly throughout the year to keep the property from falling into disrepair. MTC ensures a level of organization, cleanliness, and safety to the landscape.
- Enhancement Landscape Management (ELM)
- This work is also integral to keeping a landscape organized, clean and safe, ELM is more keenly focused on managing health and vitality. These services are often happening less frequently than the MTC services but they do have a predictable schedule that is guided by the seasons and current weather.
- Special Landscape Projects (SLP)
- This work is hyper-focused on making a small improvement, correction, or addition to the landscape. This work is often driven by a need that has been identified by your landscape professional or by you! You want this to be a one-and-done project!
Wherever your capability and enjoyment lie in the landscape, be sure to check out TGC Academy for tons of information on how to take a nature-forward approach to your next project and feel empowered whenever you partner with a professional.
Fine Gardening in Medfield, MA
Fine Gardening is the comprehensive practice of targeted horticultural care with the goal of building happy, healthy, and beautiful gardens. It is a specialized approach to landscape management, taking the needs of each plant and garden community into consideration and prioritizing ecological health. While landscape maintenance is the bulk work that needs to be done to keep a landscape neat and safe over time - mowing, cleaning up leaves and general debris, mulching, and plowing in the winter, Fine Gardening is customized to address the unique nature of each individual landscape.
Here are some additional free resources we’d like to share to help you embrace the importance of landscape maintenance.
- YouTube Video: What is Fine Gardening?
- Blog: Why Every Landscape Needs a Fine Gardener
- E-Book: Fine Gardener’s Guide to a Beautiful and Luxurious Landscape
Seasonal Planter Decor in Medfield, MA
There is nothing more heartwarming in the garden than flowers! The gorgeous color and happy faces of the flowers always delight our clients. Sometimes it’s the simplest things that can bring joy...and we LOVE to make people smile!
At The Garden Continuum, we have we tend hundreds of containers and planters for four seasons of color and interest. Planters are super easy to add to a landscape, a garden, or the front entry of your house to brighten up your home.
A few more decor resources for you to learn more: